Home > The Siddha Yoga Ashram in Oakland > Staff Positions
In addition to the skills and experience required for each seva position, long-term retreat participants need to have certain interests and prior sadhana experience, including:
- A Siddha Yoga practice of at least 2 years duration
- Participation in at least 2 Siddha Yoga Shaktipat Intensives
- Participation in seva at a Siddha Yoga meditation center, ashram, chanting and meditation group, or retreat site
- An understanding of and commitment to the Siddha Yoga practices and to Siddha Yoga philosophy and culture
- An understanding of and love for the spiritual practice of seva
- A strong desire to support the work of the SYDA Foundation
- A posture of studentship and a commitment to ongoing learning, personal improvement, and inner growth
Log on to create or update your Seva Profile
If you don't currently have a Siddha Yoga Online Login,
you will be prompted to create one.
Current Positions | How To Apply
How to Apply to Become a Staff Member
To begin the application process:
- Create a seva profile
- Review the long-term requirements
- Request an application by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or
phone: 845-434-2000, ext. 1014
- Specify the listed seva position(s) that interest you. Complete the application, including references and a résumé/curriculum vitae, and send it via e-mail to email@example.com .
Please note: the application process may take up to three months and longer for candidates who are not USA citizens.
Request a Conversation About Becoming a Staff Member
If you would like to have an exploratory conversation about applying to serve the SYDA Foundation now or in the future, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you do not have an e-mail address, please contact us by phone:
845-434-2000, ext. 1014
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 - 11:00 AM and 2:00 - 4:00 PM ET