Home > The Siddha Yoga Ashram in Oakland > Staff Positions
In addition to the skills and experience required for a specific seva position at the Siddha Yoga Ashram in Oakland, all candidates for staff members must meet the following qualifications::
- Has taken at least one Siddha Yoga Shaktipat Intensive.
- Has been doing at least one of the core Siddha Yoga practices (meditation, chanting, seva, dakshina) on a regular basis for a minimum of two years.
- Has participated in A Sweet Surprise satsang within the past two years.
- Has served as a visiting sevite in Shree Muktananda Ashram, Gurudev Siddha Peeth or the Siddha Yoga Ashram in Oakland within the past five years,or as an on-going community sevite in Siddha Yoga Ashram in Oakland.
- Has participated in seva at a Siddha Yoga ashram, meditation center, chanting and meditation group, retreat site, or has offered home seva for the SYDA Foundation for at least one year within the past five years.
- Understands seva as a spiritual practice.
- Demonstrates understanding of, or alignment with, and commitment to the philosophy and culture of the Siddha Yoga path, including the spiritual practices.
Log on to create or update your Seva Profile
If you don't currently have a Siddha Yoga Online Login,
you will be prompted to create one.
Current Positions | How To Apply
- Serving line and Dish room Coordinator
- IT & Telecom Support
- Welcome Desk Coordinator
- Operations Manager
How to Apply to Become a Staff Member
To begin the application process:
- Create a seva profile
- Review the long-term requirements
- Request an application by e-mail: email@example.com or
phone: 845-434-2000, ext. 1014
- Specify the listed seva position(s) that interest you. Complete the application, including references and a résumé/curriculum vitae, and send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note: the application process may take up to three months and longer for candidates who are not USA citizens.
Request a Conversation About Becoming a Staff Member
If you would like to have an exploratory conversation about applying to serve the SYDA Foundation now or in the future, e-mail us at email@example.com .
If you do not have an e-mail address, please contact us by phone:
845-434-2000, ext. 1014
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 - 11:00 AM and 2:00 - 4:00 PM ET